Best Time to Visit Lakshadweep
Looking for best time to visit Lakshadweep?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Lakshadweep is from October till May.
Lakshadweep is located at about 200 -300 km away from the west coat of Kerala in the Arabian Sea. Lakshadweep is basically a group of 36 small islands. These islands are not only small but flat and hardly 4-5 m. above the sea level. Lakshadweep is the smallest UT (Union Territory) of India. Out of 36 coral islands of Lakshadwep only 10 islands are inhabited. These islands in the Indian Ocean are surrounded by lagoons, tall coconut trees, and crystal clear blue water. The coral formations underwater form an amazingly colorful garden and the variety of fish that inhabit these waters is truly exotic.It is one of the prominent Scuba diving destination in India.
Best time to visit Lakshadweep for Honeymooners is between the months May and September. The weather is pleasant and the water in Arabian Sea is pure Aqua. Lakshadweep gives you most thrilling scuba experiences and the greatest sights you can ever imagine. White sand, clear blue water and scuba diving are the best attractions of the place. Best time for Scuba diving and snorkeling is from November to May.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all islands except Bangaram.
- Picking up corals is a punishable crime. Inquire before you pick
- Get your permits before entering the Islands.
- More than mosquitos, you need to beware of Sand Flies. MAke sure you wash off all salt on your body when you come out of the Ocean. Or else you might be in trouble.
- Lakshadweep is an absolute divine place, so do not throw away plastic bags and bottles.