Looking for best time to visit Ladakh?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Ladakh is from June till September.
Ladakh is located in the North Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. There is NO other place in the world like Ladakh. Ladakh is sometimes referred to as ‘Moonland’, because of it’s unusual terrain and barren landscapes. It is a mountainous land situated at an altitude of 3,000 m (9,800 ft) in Himalayas. Ladakh is formed as a plateau in the Indus Valley between Kunlun mountain range in the north and the main Great Himalayas to the south. Ladakh generally observes extended winters where temperature can drop to -20 to -35 °C. Summer is the best season to visit Ladakh. The summer weather is dry and pleasant. So, June to September is the best time to visit Ladakh.
Ladakh is renowned for its remote mountain beauty and culture. Strongly influenced by Tibet and largely inhabited by people of Tibetan descent, Ladakh is also known as ‘Little Tibet’. It is not only home to some of the most beautiful and serene monasteries you’ll ever see, but it also a land of rich natural beauty – and it’s this natural beauty that hits you so hard, because it’s a barren beauty. The enormous mass of the Himalayas creates a rain shadow, denying entry to the moisture-laden clouds of the Indian monsoon. Ladakh is thus, a high altitude desert. Many travelers find themselves at loss to understand how something so barren can yet be so beautiful.
- Breathing at such a high altitude is sometimes difficult, make sure you are fit enought to visit Ladakh
- If you are on a biking tour to Ladakh, make sure you know basic bike maintenance
- Make sure you carry enough water and essential medicines
- Carry enough woolens, as the temperature during night may fall dramatically.
- Altitude sickness may affect you, even if you the fittest one.