Looking for best time to visit Kodaikanal?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Kodaikanal is from April till September.
Kodaikanal is one of the most peaceful and beautiful hill stations of Tamilnadu. Located 120 Km/75 mile away from Madurai, Kodaikanal is a beautiful hill station at an altitude of about 2133 m on the southern tip of upper Palani / Palni hills in Tamil Nadu in the Western Ghats. Kodaikanal is also referred to as “Princess of Hill Stations”. The peak season or the best time to visit Kodaikanal is from April to June or August to September. Avoid traveling to Kodaikanal in monsoon season, as the region witnesses heavy rainfall each year. Because of which you would not be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of this place.
There are many high waterfalls and ubiquitous gardens and flower beds in bloom. The hillside is covered by the meadows and the grassland, the valley is covered up by huge eucalyptus trees and Shola forest. The places to see are Kodaikanal Lake, Bryant Park, Coaker’s walk, Bear Shola Falls, Pillar rocks, Silver cascade, dolphin’s nose and Kurinji Andavar Murugan temple.
- Avoid visiting Kodaikanal in rainy season.
- Drive slowly and cautiously. The roads are curvy and often foggy.
- Prepare a list of places to see in advance. So that you don’t get confused.
- Kodaikanal is famous for its honey and home made chocolates
- Carry warm clothes with you, the temperature after rain may drop drastically.