Looking for best time to visit Jaipur?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Jaipur is from October till March.
Jaipur is one of the most popular city in the state of Rajasthan. Jaipur, popularly known as the “Pink city of Rajasthan”, is the largest city in the state. Jaipur was built in 18th century by Raja Sawai Jai Singh and was the first planned city of India. It is one of the best tourist destination in India which has an extensive array of offerings for its visitors. People who have interest in India’s culture and history must visit Jaipur at least once. It is located about 260 kilometers (160 miles) away from Delhi.
Jaipur is the capital city of Rajasthan. It is referred to as “The pink city” because of its pink colored buildings. The buildings are intentionally painted in pink color to imitate the red stone architecture of the Mughals. During 1876 when Prince of Wales visited Jaipur, whole of the city was re-painted in pink color. Today, Jaipur is one of the most visited city in India. It is popular for its historic monuments, well kept forts and palace hotels.
The weather is generally hot and dry during summers i.e. April to June. July, August and September are the monsoon months, but the temperature rarely falls below 30 degree Celsius i.e. 86 degrees Fahrenheit. The best time to visit Jaipur is during winter i.e. from October until March. The average temperature in winter is about 25 degree Celsius i.e. 77 degrees Fahrenheit. The nights can be extremely cold as the temperature may fall below 5 degree Celsius i.e. 41 degrees Fahrenheit (mainly in January).
- While in Jaipur, Hawa Mahal is a must visit destination. It is a renowned Landmark of the city.
- You should buy handicraft items, artificial jewelry and Bandhani fabric from Jaipur, but do not forget to bargain.
- Jaipur is also famous for its ‘Rajai’ (quilts). They are light weight and warm. You can buy them as souvenirs
- You’ll be approached by many people to buy Gems. Beware of such people as you might be cheated. If you want to purchase gems, buy them from an authentic Gem shop.
- Take some first hand information about the eating and Shopping places as the drivers have their fixed commissions at shops and eating outlets, so you might end up paying more for and item or eating at an undesirable place.