Best Time to Visit Gangtok
Looking for best time to visit Gangtok?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Gangtok is from September till June.
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim state. Gangtok is the biggest town of the state located on a ridge at a height of 5800 feet. It is one of the popular tourist destination during Summers. Gangtok has a pleasant and calm temperature through out the year, but it gets really cold in Winters i.e. from December till February. Snowfall during winter season attract thousands of tourists from all parts of the country. That makes it one of most visited Hill station in eastern India.
Gangtok also has strictly enforced traffic and littering laws among others. It is one of the cleanest and well maintained city in India. Because of which it is also referred as Switzerland of Eastern India. The name Gangtok is derived from the Tibetan word for ‘hillside’. Gangtok is a beautiful tourist destination through out the year. However, the best time to visit Gangtok would be from September till June end.
- Passion fruit Squash, Alpine Cheese, Temi Tea & Maha Gurudev Tea are some of the local products you can buy.
- Curio Craft Gallery Curio City, below Hotel Mayur, PS Road is a famous handicraft store in town. You should visit this store and buy something if you like.
- You get authentic Tibetan and Indo-Chinese fusion cuisine here and its a must-have on our list.
- Enchey Monastery is a must visit destination. It is a 200 year old monastry built according to Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Banjhakri Falls is one of the famous tourist sites in the city.
- It is illegal to smoke anywhere in Sikkim or buy/sell cigarets