Best Time to Visit Corbett National Park
Looking for best time to visit Corbett National Park?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Corbett National Park is from November till June.
The Jim Corbett National Park is famous for the diversities of wildlife that includes over 50 spices of mammals and over 580 spices of birds. The park is part of the Corbett tiger reserve which lies in the Himalayan foothills of Uttaranchal in Nainital, Pauri Garhwal, Almora and Binjore district.
Every year about 70,000 visitors come to see the flora and fauna of Jim Corbett National park from India and across the globe. The park is open from November to June only, Rest of the months it is closed because of the heavy rainfall. The Jim Corbett headquarters are located in Ramnagar.
Corbett remains closed between June 16 and November 14, when the monsoons flood the river beds and cut the fragile road links. However, the best time to visit Corbett National Park is from November till June end. This the best time for bird-watching and Tiger sighting.
- All visitors to Corbett National Park have to obtain permits from the park administration centre at Ramnagar.
- Elephant safaris are arranged two times a day, starting from Dhikala, at dawn and again in the late afternoon.
- Wear clothes in shades of brown and green as they are less disturbing to the environment.
- Don’t leave behind any litter and plastic bags they are big hazards for animals
- To stay overnight inside Corbett, a permit is required from the park headquarters at Ramnagar. The permit allows visitors to stay for two nights. No permits are issued if the park is too busy.