Looking for best time to visit Coorg?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Coorg is from September till February.
A friendly warning to all concerned: One trip to Coorg (Kodagu) and it’ll haunt you for the rest of your life. You might leave Coorg, but Coorg will never leave you. That’s Coorg for you, incomparable scenic beauty, lush green valleys, coffee plantations, teak wood forests & majestic mountain ranges. Add to that- a strong, brave martial race of Coorgs (Kodavas) that reveres tradition, has a distinct culture and lives life to its fullest.
The predominant entity here is nature at its best. Coorg is like the dreamland of the philosopher. If you’re the type who likes to mingle with nature, romance in the mountains, feel the tingle of the cool and gentle breeze, watch leaves flutter in dance-like movements and hear sounds of birds fill the air, then Coorg is just the place for you.
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a place said to haunt you forever with its timeless beauty. Described as the Scotland of India, Coorg lies at an altitude of 1,525 m on the Western Ghats about 252 kms from Bangalore in Karnataka. Misty hills, lush forest, acres and acres of tea and coffee plantations, orange groves, undulating streets and breathtaking views are what make Coorg an unforgettable holiday destination. The best time to visit Coorg is from the month of September untill February end.
- White water rafting is a famous adventure activity to indulge in.
- Beware of leeches especially while walking through wet grass and in bathrooms/toilets. They are in plenty in this region
- If get a chance, do taste local wine and tody.
- Buy some chocolates made locally at Coorg. They are available in almost all the shops
- Buy pepper, cardamon, and also dry fruits