Looking for best time to visit Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
If yes, you have come to the right place. Best time to visit Andaman & Nicobar Islands is from January till May.
The emerald islands of Andaman & Nicobar are located about 900 km from India in the Bay of Bengal. Andaman & Nicobar islands are a popular tourist destination in India. These islands are known of their turquoise water, rich flora and fauna. Secluded from cities hectic life, life on these islands is much relaxed and lazy. Gigantic trees, tall coconut trees, exquisite flowers and the crystal clear water is what you see everywhere on these Island. Bestowed with immense beauty Andaman and Nicobar islands should be on top of every Scuba Aficionados. Best time for scuba diving and snorkeling is from October to May, occasional showers and slightly rougher seas are possible but diving can still be great at this time of year. However, the best time to visit Andaman & Nicobar Islands is from January till May end. The days are mostly sunny at this time of year, and the sea sometimes flat enough to reflect the clouds.
The Andaman & Nicobar is a chain of small islands that include a total of 572 islands. These islands are gifted with sandy beaches, clear seawater, and amazing coral reefs. Only 36 islands are inhabited to the day, comprising a mix of colorful mainland Indian settlers, residual refugee communities from Myanmar, and the mysterious and endangered Paleolithic tribes of the Andamans.
- Indian nationals too need required permits to visit Nicobar Islands and other tribal areas, which are given in exceptional cases
- Foreign visitors to the Andaman also need a special Restricted Area Permit, which can be obtained upon arrival (flight or ship).
- Monsoon is the worst season to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Carry sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellents and essential medicines
- Carrying sea fans and seashells without a permission from Fisheries department is illegal.