21 Best Things To Do in Delhi
Delhi, the capital city of India, offers countless recreational options to spend your time. Business, education or leisure whatever is the reason of your visit is, Delhi will never disappoint you as a tourist destination. Delhi has the potential to keep you busy for the entire duration of your stay. There are endless shopping, dining and sightseeing options that are enough to keep you engaged for about a month.
Delhi being the center of the Northern region of India, makes it a tourist hub. Most of the Northern tourist destinations are within 6 – 7 hours of reach by road. Tourists have the opportunity to explore Delhi as well as nearby regions and cities.
Shopping in Delhi is one of the most common activity to indulge in. From one shop to another and then from one area to the other, shop untill you drop. Here you can find an array of designer wear showroom to budget shopping areas as well. Apart from shopping there are various other things you can try in Delhi.
Browse through the following list of things to do in Delhi
1. Travel in Delhi Metro at least once – The cleanest, safest and best mode of transport in Delhi is Delhi Metro. You should experience it at-least once when in Delhi.
2. Shopping the government emporiums on Janpath. You can buy authentic regional craft and fabric at these showrooms. Those interested in Indian carft and handicraft must visit these emporiums and I bet you won’t be disappointed.
3. Delhi Haat – Delhi haat is a place that lures every visitor be it a locale or a foreigner. Here you’ll find some colorful stalls displaying the rich heritage art and crafts of India. A perfect place to hangout with friends. It is also a good place to collect souvenirs.
5. For an on-road adventure you must take a ride in an autorickshaw. Good experience for those who haven’t heard about this three-wheeler roller coaster.
6. Get Tattooed – Get a temporary Henna tattoo at Lagpat Nagar. The intricate delicate designs are just amazing.
7. Delhi Street Food – You must try out Delhi’s tongue tickling street food delights like Pani puri, dahi bhalle, Papri chaat, samosa chat and aloo tikki chhole.
9. Those who are attracted to Mughal architecture must visit Hauz Khas. Here you’ll get to see various crumbling Mughal tombs and tempting art, antique and fashion boutiques.
10. Qutub Minar – Delhi is believed to be one of the oldest cities in India. It is continuously habitat since 6th century. Various age old monuments and buildings still attract millions f tourists from all parts of the world. Qutub Minar is one such monument.
12. Visit Jama Masjid – One of the most popular Mosque in India is Jama Masjid. It is the principal mosque of Old Delhi in India. Jama Masjid is located right opposite to the Red fort. The magnificent architecture and religious value makes it one of the most visited place in Delhi.
14. Chor Bazar – Chor Bazar (Thieves Market) is a place where you get all sorts of hardware and kitchen wares. Buying from this market are legalized so you need not worry about any issues. You can buy designer clothes, to crockery, to cutlery, hardware, furniture to branded shoes, electronics and other consumer goods.
16. Visit Step-wells – Take a tour to the city’s most beautiful baoli (step-well). There is one near Connaught Place, Named Agrasen ki baoli.
17. Akshar Dham temple of the Swaminarayan sect on the eastern side of the Yamuna is a recent addition to the magnificent temples of Delhi. It is a true replica of The Gujarat’s Akshardham Temple.
19. Museum of Toilets – Yes, you read it right, Its a strange museum in the city. It is a museum dedicated entirely to the history of toilets. The Sulabh Museum in New Delhi displays a rare collection of facts, pictures and objects detailing the historic evolution of toilets from 2,500 BC to date.
21. Visit Jantar Mantar, India Gate, Tughlaqabad Fort and off-course Lotus Temple.