The upkeep of brain is absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of our body. Certain food keeps our brain healthy, especially nuts like almonds, cashews, peanuts etc. Do you wanna know how are peanuts good for your brain? What do peanuts do for your brain? Read on to find answers to all queries in this article.
Why are Peanuts Good for Your Brain?
- Apart from being low in sodium and cholesterol free, peanuts contain essential nutrients for our brain.
- Peanuts are considered to be brain food, as it is a good source of proteins, vitamins, minerals, fiber and monounsaturated fat that maintain the proper functioning of the brain.
- Peanuts are good for brain health, as it nourishes the brain and nervous system.
- Rich in folate-content, peanuts are recommended for pregnant women which helps in the development of the brain in the fetus.
- Peanuts prevent age-related cognitive decline and psychiatric disorders which are mainly caused due to the deficiency of folate.
- Folate in peanuts improves memory function and mental processing speed.
- In addition to folate, peanuts also contain another vitamin B called niacin which protects the brain from Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease and age-related degradation.
- Peanuts and peanut butter are rich sources of protein which is essential for the brain to manufacture neurotransmitters. Our brain cells use these neurotransmitters to communicate to one another.
- Peanuts aid in the manufacture of neurotransmitters, such as norepinephrine and dopamine which provide energy to our body and improve the feeling of alertness.
- An abundance of antioxidants like vitamin E in peanuts protects the brain cells from chemical breakdown.
- Peanuts contain minerals like magnesium, copper, phosphorous and potassium. Our body turns these minerals into electrolytes which are then absorbed the brain to function properly.
- The minerals in peanuts generate electrical signals in the nerve cells to communicate themselves and the rest of the cells in our body.
These are the benefits of peanuts for the brain. The richness of vitamins and minerals make it a brain booster. Now that you know the positive effects of peanuts on your brain, go nuts over peanuts.