Digestion is one of the most important functions of our body. This process takes place throughout the body and ensures perfect well-being of our health. A slight defect in organs taking part in digestion can affect the whole process, Therefore, intake of healthy foods is necessary for the proper functioning of our body, including digestion. One among the healthy foods is dried fig. Including dried figs in your diet is a great option to improve the digestive process. Want to know why are dried figs good for digestion? Keep read the article to discover the benefits of dried figs for digestion.
Why are Dried Figs Good for Digestion?
- Figs contain both soluble and insoluble fiber that play an integral role in the digestive process.
- The soluble fiber in dried figs absorbs liquid for the movement of food in the digestive tract.
- Presence of insoluble fiber in figs adds bulk to the stool and ease the bowel movement.
- These fibers also slow down the digestion of food and make you feel fuller for longer time.
- The ability to add bulk to the stool helps you relieves from digestive problems, such as constipation, making it pass easily through the intestines.
- Simultaneously, the soluble fiber which absorbs fluid alleviates diarrhea, making the stool firmer.
- Including dried figs (food high in fiber) in your diet also lowers the risk of developing hemorrhoids and diverticular diseases.
- Figs aid in digestion with the help of its potassium content as well. It maintains the nerve function that triggers the muscle contractions in the digestive tract, allows the easy movement of food and waste material.
- Another important nutrient present in figs that helps in digestion is Vitamin K. This vitamin activates a protein called Gas6 boosts healthy cell growth in the stomach.
- Vitamin K in figs protects the inner lining of the body that prevents inflammation and bleeding of the digestive tract.
Consumption of Dried Figs for Digestion
Dried figs can be consumed in moderate amount as a healthy snack or add it in the bowl of your favorite cereal for breakfast. Addition of dried figs in salad is an good and delicious option. Moreover, you can even stew dried figs to make them easier to chew and enjoy the treat.
Isn’t this a great way to improve your digestion with minimum effort? Yes, it is. Remember, not to binge eat the dried figs as it could develop gas, bloating and abdominal discomfort. Otherwise, you can even enjoy it as a tasty dessert.