Not sure whether Dates are healthy or not? Date lovers have never had it so bad. Not only does a two to four dates, tastes rather good, it’s remarkably healthy, too. There are countless health benefits associated with this amazing fruit. My article will sort out the facts and clear all the confusion related to the subject which will help you to conclude better. So let’s just quickly check how dates are beneficial for your health.
Health Benefits of Having Dates
- Maintains healthy skin– Dates also help in maintaining healthy and glowing skin.
- Improves bone health-The significant amounts of minerals found in dates make them a superfood for strengthening bones and fighting off painful and debilitating diseases like osteoporosis. Dates contain selenium manganese, copper, and magnesium, all of which are integral to healthy bone development and strength, particularly as people age, their bones gradually weaken. So eat dates and give a boost to your bones.
- Boosts energy-Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. Therefore, they are the perfect snack for an immediate burst of energy. Many people around the world eat dates for a quick afternoon snack when they are feeling lethargic or sluggish.
- Aids constipation-Dates are often categorized as a laxative food. This is why they are so frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effect of dates, soak some of them in water overnight, then consume in the morning when they turn into a syrup to get the most optimal results.
- Improves digestion-The insoluble and soluble fiber found in dates help to clean out the gastrointestinal system, allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency which improves digestion.
- Maintains heart health-Dates are quite helpful in keeping your heart healthy. When they are soaked overnight, crushed in the morning and then consumed, they have been shown to have a positive effect on weak hearts.
- Prevents abdominal cancer-Research has pointed towards dates being a legitimate way to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer.
- Promotes weight gain-Dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet. They consist of sugar, proteins, and many essential vitamins which help you to gain weight.
- Cure allergies-One of the most interesting facets of dates is the presence of organic sulfur in them. This is not a very common element to find in foods, but it does have a worthwhile amount of health benefits, including the reduction of allergic reactions and seasonal allergies.
- Improves intestinal health-The nicotine content in dates is thought to be beneficial for curing many kinds of intestinal disorders. Continuous intake helps to inhibit the growth of the pathological organisms and thus, they help stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines. In terms of digestive issues, they contain insoluble and soluble fibers, as well as many beneficial amino acids which can stimulate the digestion of food and make them more efficient, meaning that more nutrients will be absorbed by the digestive tract and enter your body for proper usage.
- Treats intoxication-Dates are commonly used as a remedy for alcoholic intoxication. They provide quick relief and have a sobering effect in case you feel as though you have consumed an uncomfortable amount of alcohol. They can also be used the following morning to prevent severe hangovers. Again, they should be rubbed and soaked overnight for the best results.
- Treats diarrhoea-Ripe dates contain potassium, which is known as an effective way of controlling diarrhea. They are also easy to digest, which further helps alleviate the unpredictable nature of chronic diarrhea.
- Increases hemoglobin-Dates have a high mineral content, which is beneficial for many different health conditions but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. The high level of iron in dates balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
There are so many health benefits associated with dates. So don’t forget to add a packet of dates, the next time you’re out getting groceries. Stay healthy. Stay happy.