Dried fruits are one of the most-enjoyed foods around the world. They add elegance and incredible flavor to different cuisines and often eaten as it is. In addition to this, they provide endless list of health benefits and has incredible storage longevity. One of such dried fruits is dates. They have impressive nutritive value and checks the well-being of our health, especially the digestive health. Dates are one of the best home remedies for constipation. But, how are dates good for constipation? Keep reading to unveil the benefits of dates for constipation.
Why are Dates Good for Constipation?
- Dates are well known for rich source of dietary fibers that help to relieve constipation.
- The fiber content of dates provide the daily requirement of fiber that regulates digestive system and prevents constipation.
- Abundance of insoluble fiber in dates, adds bulk to the stool and makes its passage easier through the bowel.
- Dates draw water to the digestive tract which makes the stool move faster and prevents it from turning hard that are difficult to pass.
- Including dates in your diet is beneficial for constipation relief and proper functioning of digestive system.
- Dates can even alleviate a clogged colon that are often accompanied with chronic constipation.
- A diet filled with fiber (you get it from dates) is necessary for controlling the symptoms of chronic constipation.
- Dietary fiber is a staple nutrient for bowel regularity and are found abundantly in dates.
- Along with fiber, dates also contain rich amount of calcium, iron and potassium that are good for body functions, including digestion.
- Brown foods are known to be good for digestion. Dates, being brown in color, ensure the proper functioning of digestive system and relieves constipation.
- Dates also strengthen the beneficial bacteria in stomach and keep constipation at bay.
Are Dates Good for Constipation During Pregnancy?
It is the fiber again. Eating dates treat pregnancy-related constipation. The rich amount of fiber in dates keeps the digestive system healthy, especially during pregnancy. It is a filling nutrient that also help you maintain a healthy weight.
Are Dates Good for Constipation in Babies?
Constipation occurs frequently in babies. Dates help in relieving constipation in babies. They add bulk to the stools and promotes smooth bowel movements. You can introduce dates to babies after six months, much after giving solid foods. Make sure not to give dehydrated dates to babies as it will be difficult for them to chew.
How to Use Dates for Constipation?
A combination of dates and milk is really good for constipation. For this, wash the dates thoroughly and put it in a cup of warm water, then leave it overnight to soak. In the morning, take out the seeds of dates and mash it. Now, mix it well with warm milk and drink it before the breakfast.
Now that’s the way to keep the constipation away!