Cumin, also known as jeera, is one of the main ingredients of Indian cuisines. It is used in both whole and ground form, and produces an earthy, somewhat bitter flavor. Cumin seeds also has many medicinal uses. Are cumin seeds good for weight loss? Does it help in breaking down those extra fats? Yes, it does. Regular intake of cumin seeds help you lose weight. So, if you are trying to cut down some extra pounds, cumin seeds might give you some happiness. Delve into this article to find out benefits of cumin seeds for weight loss.
Are Cumin Seeds Good for Weight Loss?
Beyond giving delicious flavor to your dish, a pinch of jeera or cumin seeds can lead to weight loss.
- Cumin seeds decreases body fat, fights insoluble fats, and also decreases unhealthy LDL cholesterol.
- Cumin seeds are a good source of antioxidants and phytosterols that prevent the absorption of harmful cholesterol in the digestive tract.
- Cumin seeds stimulates the enzymes that are responsible for the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and glucose.
- Cumin seeds contain thymol and other essential substance that stimulate the salivary glands to digest food faster.
- Cumin seeds contain phosphorus that promotes digestion and protein production.
- Cumin seeds burn the calories fast by increasing the rate of metabolism and digestion.
- Cumin seeds act as a detoxifier and purifies the blood. Furthermore, it helps in removing the toxins from the body and improves our digestive functions.
- Cumin seeds are also known to suppress appetite and thus help in losing weight.
- It also helps to relax stomach muscles and prevents hunger pangs.
- Cumin seeds promote healthy digestive tract and help you get rid of acidity, gas and bloating sensations.
- It also prevents problems in the digestive system, such as diarrhea, morning sickness, flatulence and constipation.
- Abundant amount of iron and fair amounts of vitamin A and C in cumin seeds provides support to the immune system. Thus, prevents the risks of contacting diseases and keep your weight under control.
- Lack of sleep or insomnia can lead to obesity or gain in weight. Cumin seeds help you get better sleep.
- Cumin seeds help in balancing body mass index and reductions of waist circumference.
How to Use Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss
- Jeera water works wonderfully in removing excess of fat. Boil 4-5 cups of water in pan and toss 1-2 spoons of cumin seeds. Once boiled, let it cool in room temperature and you can sip it.
- You can add ground cumin to roasted vegetables.
- Sprinkle cumin powder over nut, salads or any other healthy snacks.
- Spice up your lentil and other soups with cumin.
- You can also add it to plain brown rice for an aromatic flavor and to cut down the fats.
This is how and why you lose weight fast using cumin seeds. Overweight and obesity are caused by certain lifestyle and eating habits, this further increases the risks of other diseases. So, stick to a healthy routine and balanced diet to free yourself from fats and diseases.