Looking for ways to shrink down those belly fats? Recently, there has been fuss about chia seeds helping you lose weight. Is it true? Are chia seeds good for losing weight? Well, not just a single food can make you lose weight. But, adding the healthy, fat-burning food in your diet can definitely cut down extra pounds. Chia seeds is one among those healthy options. You must be wondering, why are chia seeds good for weight loss? Delve into this article to find the chia seeds benefits for weight loss.
Why are Chia Seeds Good for Weight Loss?
- Chia seeds are good source of calories which help you meet about 9% of the daily requirement of 1550 calorie diet and 7% of the 2000 calorie diet.
- Another nutrient significantly present in chia seeds is dietary fiber which contributes in losing weight.
- Including chia seeds in your diet shows more weight loss and reduction in the waist size.
- The fiber present in chia seeds makes you feel full for longer time, and controls hunger cravings and overeating.
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, protein and fatty acid that improves your metabolic health.
How to Use Chia Seeds for Weight Loss?
- Black or White Chia Seeds for Weight Loss: There are no nutritional difference between these two seeds. However, you must avoid the brown seeds as it is the sign of immaturity. Otherwise, both provides the required fiber protein, and even omega-3.
- Chia Seeds and Coconut Oil for Weight Loss: Including chia seeds and coconut oil in your favorite smoothie can prevent you from gaining weight as both are rich in fatty acids and dietary fiber.
- Chia Seeds Pudding for Weight Loss: Chia pudding is one of the tasty and healthy treats for your weight loss efforts. For this, mix whole chia seeds in unsweetened almond milk till it thickens. In this, you can add varieties of flavorings, banana puree and cinnamon, applesauce and apple pie spice or even chopped strawberries.
For now, the benefits of chia seeds for weight loss are bit limited but adding them in your diet will never disappoint you. It might not show immediate results but in the long run, chia seeds are safe for weight loss. A healthy balanced diet and regular exercise aid to achieve your ultimate weight goals.