10 things You Didn’t know about Aishwarya Rai
The former Miss World and one of the top Indian actress, Aishwarya Rai is probably every Indian film director’s choice. She has also earned the reputation of being one of the most beautiful women in the world. Julia Roberts has called her the most beautiful woman in the world. Well this are all the known facts that we know, so read on for 10 facts that are quite unknown to us and are very interesting as well as surprising.
Following are the 10 things you didn’t know about Aishwarya Rai
- Aishwarya Rai was born on 1st November 1973 in Mangalore, Karnataka. Her parents are Krishnaraj Rai and Brinda Rai. Aditya Rai is her elder brother. According to people, she is not a Brahmin or belong from a Brahmin family, and also not a Bengali. The origin of her family belongs to the Shakas race from Central Asia, known for worshipping snakes.
- She is believed to be of Kurgi origins, who are probably the descendeds from Shakas from Afghanistan or Central Asia or Kyrgyzstan.
- She can speak in 5 languages, her mother tongue Tulu, English, Hindi, Tamil and Marathi.
- She was a brilliant student and wanted to become an architect. But she dropped her architecture course to take up modeling. Her first ad film was for Camelin industries.
- In Miss India contest, she stood second beside Sushmita Sen. Sushmita Sen has reported that many contestants dropped out the contest as Aishwarya was too beautiful.
- She also won the Miss World title the same year along with Miss Photogenic award. She is said to be a typical Scorpio and very sharp. According to her husband Abhishek Bachchan, as he said in a TV show Koffee with Karan, 2010, Aishwarya is little disorganized.
- Even she had to undergo a struggle period before ‘Hum dil de chuke sanam’ paired opposite to Salman khan, which was a big hit.
- She was said to have in a relationship with Sabeer Bhatia, the founder of Hotmail, Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi, begore getting married to Abhishek Bachchan, who is one year younger to her. After Nargis, she is the only actress in industry who married a younger man.
- Rai made her acting debut in Mani Ratnam’s movie Iruvar in 1997. In the song “Poovukkul” she was compared to the Seven Wonders of the World and described as the eight. This film was India’s official entry to the Academy Awards.
- Though she has acted in a series of Hollywood movies such as ‘The Pink Panther 2’, ‘Mistress of spices’ and ‘Bride and Prejudice’, but her international forays have not been a great success. She also makes a visit to the Cannes film festival every year as brand ambassador of a well known cosmetic brand ‘Loreal’.