10 Things you didn’t know about Haunted 3D
Starring Mithun Chakraborty’s son, Mahaakshay, and newbie Tia Bajpai, Vikram Bhatt’s ‘Haunted 3D’ is the first horror 3D movie in India. Director Vikram Bhatt returns to his favorite genre, horror, with the new ‘3D Haunted’, the first of its kind in India, which was released on May 6th, 2011 Friday. Here I have listed few facts that you may not be aware of.
Following are the 10 Things you didn’t know about Haunted 3D
- ‘Haunted 3D’ is the first stereoscopic 3D film in India. The film has used the latest 3D cinematography and projection techniques which was seen in James Cameron’s Avatar (2009). Vikram Bhatt, the director of the film conceived the idea of a 3D horror film after he saw ‘Avatar’ in Los Angeles. Since that time the idea of a horror film in 3D ruled his mind.
- A team of Hollywood technicians who have worked on films like ‘Saw 7’, ‘Resident Evil-The Afterlife’ and ‘The Incredible Hulk’ was a part of the team of ‘Haunted 3D’.
- This is Vikram Bhatt’s fourth horror film after 1920 (2008), Raaz (2002) and Shaapit (2010).
- This is also Vikram Bhatt’s most expensive project till date. The production budget of the movie was Rs. 85 million, out of which 27 million was spent on shooting the film in 3D.
- Vikram Bhatt’s daughter, Krishna also made her acting debut in ‘Haunted 3D’. She also assisted her father during the film making procedure.
- Mimoh Chakraborty, the lead actor of the film who made his acting debut in ‘Jimmy’ (2008), adopted the screen name of Mahakshay for this film.
- Tia Bajpai also makes her acting debut in the film. Even Tia Bajpai’s name was shortened. Her real name is Twinkle Bajpai. She lent her voice to one of the songs in the film. She was a contestant in the TV show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.
- Shooting the film in 3D was a strenuous process, especially the first 10 days. Bhatt explained that even he at times thought of giving it up. The major difficulty was that the film had been shot in Ooty and the unit had to travel all the way to Bangalore even for short replacements.
- The voice of the lead character in the film Mahaakshay had been dubbed by Vikram Bhatt himself. Bhatt lends his voice to almost every film that he makes.
- Around 270 3D prints of ‘Haunted 3D’ was scheduled to be screened across theaters in India.